Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Lucky Day

I was opening my bedroom curtains and looked down to see a man walking down the street with this pretty bouquet of flowers. I thought what lucky person was going to get these and where did he get such pretty flowers. The next thing I knew I was the lucky person. He was a co-worker of my husband and had stopped by to see our yard. I'm going to take some more pictures of this bouquet. Next spring I'm going to use these pictures to redo my cutting garden.

And then.....he gave us purple potatoes and green beans. Dinner was set totally fresh veggies and some grilled chicken with my apricot jam. I must say I was apprehensive of the purple potatoes. The purple radishes I tried earlier in the week were too spicy. The purple potatoes were good but potatoes are not supposed to be that color.
Friday the 13th turned out to be a lucky day.




7 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

how wonderful for you. Love the bouquet....I agree with you, purple potatoes are not quite the norm.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

My CSA box had purple potatoes in it this week -- how did you cook them? I think they look really pretty and would love to make something special out of them. But what?

Gigi said...

How lovely! And well deserved by you, I'm sure!
Blessings,
G

Kristyn Knits said...

love the bouquet of inspiring flowers!! you'll have a stunning cutting garden using this as a blue print!!

Larissa said...

What a lovely lucky day! i, too, love getting a gift i didn't expect. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Allison said...

you are lucky indeed! don't fresh flowers in the house make life seem so much better?

a friend to knit with said...

awww. i am so happy you were showered with happiness!!!