Friday, October 8, 2010

Without a Car Part 2

This is the other project that moved along during my "no car" time. The bulletin board came from Home Goods and was $39.99. With a coat of paint I now think it looks like the ones I've admired for years from Ballard Designs. The chest came with our house 30 years ago. It was white and we used it as a toy box and later as a place to store all the sports equipment and to sit on while we got our boots on.
Now it has a new life as a file cabinet. It has helped with my organization of home bills and All Stitched Up information. I also like that it's had so many lives. When we sanded it off we saw that it had also been green and red. I have one more project in the office - to finish painting the doors and touch up the wall and ceiling. Sadly that's going slowly. I'd like to blame it on the fact that my car is working but......

5 comments:

Larissa said...

Your new entryway is so beautiful and so very functional. Like everyone else, we have coat hooks in our entry but it's all the paper that creates the chaos and not the jackets. Love how much you got done and glad your car's running again - you may just need to go out and treat yourself to a vanilla latte and a scone - i'm just sayin'.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm a sucker for old boxes. The old Remington Typewriter factory was in our town and I picked up some old boxes at local antique stores. Love that history. You are putting yours to such good use. Your entryway looks great. Very welcoming -- besides the functionality.

stitching under oaks said...

wow! love that you took some paint to the bulletin board and made it what you wanted. I need to remember to do that more often. What a great storage box that crate is! I need another day at home without a car.

The WoodLand School said...

Awesome re-makes here! I love your positive outlook on your carlessness ... and I love seeing peeks at what you have been creating. Thanks for sharing!

Gigi said...

Good for you for being such a 'finisher'. Your projects look great! And I love that multi purpose chest. Sad to say, I will put off a painting project forever and ever and ever. Would rather eat a bug than paint -- well, almost ;).
Blessings,
G