Monday, December 27, 2010

Finally All Finished

The ladies I make baskets with always exchange creative small presents. This year my friend Linda and I came up with a great present. Her husband drew the beautiful pictures of the baskets and we put them all on one piece of 8 1/2 X11 paper. Our copy center copied them, cut the pages into 4, and made them into note pads. We had 24 made and they came out to $2.58 per pad. Very reasonable ! I'll be thinking up more ideas for note pads.
Today I made my last Christmas present. Yes it is December 27 and I'm not early for next year, I just ran out of steam. It's a shoe bag from the Martha Stewart Sewing Book. My brother and his partner are coming for a post Christmas celebration tomorrow. What do you get for the men who have everything ? Now they'll each have a monogrammed shoe bag for traveling.

The day before Christmas I made granola for the Christmas Eve bunch. It made the house smell great. Sadly there wasn't enough for us. I'll get some more ingredients for us when the snow melts a bit. I saw the labels on Stitching under Oaks and made them right up.
So that's the Christmas wrap up. It was all good fun now I'm ready for a little rest.

7 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

This Christmas business is exhausting. And now for the shovelling, right? Love your shoe bags -- I've been wanting to make those too.

Debi said...

The notepad idea is such a good one and unique. Shoebags are a good idea for travelers, thanks for sharing! PS-I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a day behind on Christmas!

Unknown said...

These note cards are a great idea!

Jane said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. the shoe bags are perfect! Love the cards!

Monica said...

Shoe bags - what a great gift idea.

The WoodLand School said...

The notepads are such a FABULOUS gift idea!!! My mind is already whirling with ideas (although maybe your friend's husband will do the artwork??? he's wonderful)!

Larissa said...

Your shoe bags are perfect - i love monogrammed gifts because they are both hand made and personalized! Happy New Year to you - wishing you peace and joy!