Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ordinary Days

I recently read a favorite blog of mine talking about the post Christmas days as "ordinary times ". That is certainly the life I'm living. Nothing remarkable to blog about. Just nice cozy days at home working on All Stitched Up projects and playing with the dogs.

This is the cutest hat. It was a Tilli Thomas pattern and yarn but the little top bow was just made with i-cord loops. I think it could be added to any hat for a bit of fun.
The view from my kitchen window of all the lovely snow we've been having.

Another All Stitched Up project. Its not as hard as it looks and it's fun to sit down at night and knit for awhile.
A long red vest that I've been knitting for a long time finally went off to it's owner. She was thrilled and it fit perfect. What could be better - I had fun knitting and she was happy.
So my days have been ordinary and that's been just perfect.

7 comments:

Gigi said...

Hi B! Beautiful snow! I wish ours had lasted more than 1 day ;(. And lovely knitting -- as always! What is that softy looking gray knitting -- a blankie? Do share the pattern please -- if you can?
Blessings,
G

stitching under oaks said...

ordinary days sound wonderful. You have a beautiful view out your window....I'd park myself right there and knit the day away! Have a great end to your weekend.

Jane said...

looks like you've been busy! happy knitting!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Ordinary is good. No -- great. And you're accomplishing so much on the ordinary days. With a view like yours, I wouldn't bother leaving the homestead.

The WoodLand School said...

Your "ordinary" sounds like perfection to me! What pattern are you using for the gray project?

Larissa said...

oh how i love the ordinary! and your ordinary includes such wonderful knits - so very exciting!

Kristyn Knits said...

looks perfectly ordinary to me!! I'm thankful for these recharging days of January and February.