Thursday, August 11, 2011

Busy

 I made apricot freezer jam with some apricots a friend had given me. Besides on the traditional english muffin it tastes great on grilled chicken. I want to make another batch of freezer jam and I am  thinking it might be peach. I'm wishing I hadn't missed blueberry season.
A friend needed some birthday presents so yesterday I had an assembly line going on crayon rolls. I only needed to make two but the first two ran into problems so in an attempt to get two perfect ones it grew to a total of four. All of them will work but two will only hold 15 instead of 16 crayons. I don't think 2 or 3 year olds will notice.
I've been working on some big projects for customers and hopefully some will be coming to an end soon.  I'm enjoying whats left of summer but really looking forward to fall. Some evenings when I'm walking the girls I can feel a tinge of fall in the air.

2 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm definitely feel Fall in the air -- especially this morning. Apricot jam on grilled chicken sounds like heaven on earth.

stitching under oaks said...

apricot jam on grilled chicken!? what a brilliant idea. Love the crayon rolls. They make a great gift. Enjoy your last weeks of summer...I'm holding on for all I've got!