Sunday, November 20, 2011

What have I gotten myself into?????



So who thinks it's a good idea to take a quilt class in November ? Somehow we are supposed to have 30 squares made between now and the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I just don't think I'll be done but I have learned so much already. I also love my material and I think it's going to be great when it's done in January.


Jodi got me on to soups and this is a great one from Martha's December Everyday Food magazine. It's Vegetable Bean Soup. Really good!

 Hillary's Room
 The Sewing Room

Who thinks it's a really good idea (while taking a quilt class)to redecorate a room or two. The girls had undecorated Hillary's room in their youth and I thought it was time for a spruce up. One thing leads to another - the treadmill needs to go in the sewing room, the bed isn't really all that good, and both rooms are full of stuff. What a lot of work. Lots of stuff has been tossed and both rooms are much better but again the Thanksgiving deadline will come and go. I've got great plans for Hillary's room thanks to my friend Shelby it's just going to take a bit longer to get everything together.


Why did I think I could wash these afghans? Man what a mess - carrying each of them from the bath tub to the back yard was like carting around an extra large bag of dog food.  But they are out drying  in the sun now. It was certainly a hard way to earn some money but I think my customer will be very happy when she gets them back clean and repaired.

So as I was thinking of this post I realized that even thought I'm a bit in over my head I am truly thankful that I can be doing all this. What a fun life.

3 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are up to your eyeballs in projects. Hopefully, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and you'll feel great satisfaction about accomplishing so much.

BTW, I am looking into quilting classes too. I stopped at a quilt shop yesterday and got the schedule. I'm thinking January might be best though at this point.

Kristyn Knits said...

I've gotten myself into a few "what have I gotten myself into" situations lately as well! I'm sure that it will all come together with an attitude of thankfulness like yours!

Gigi said...

Good grief B, you are snowed under! No doubt you'll get it all done & done well ;)!
Blessings,
G