Monday, September 10, 2012

Balance

 
 I feel like I've been away from blogging for years. But I'm back and committed.
Luckily "All Stitched UP" has been very busy. I've taken on some sewing for a local decorator/friend. It gives me a nice change of pace but the jobs are bigger and more deadline oriented. Mostly I've been hemming curtains and adding rick rack or ruffles. This is my first pillow. Besides the fancy trim I had to put in a zipper. It was scary because I wanted it to be perfect. I thankfully used the tutorial from House on Hill Road. It worked perfectly. Also as I always learn it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
 
 
This was a fun project. Emma's grandmother did a beautiful job needlepointing everything but the beards. My task was to do different stitches for the beards. I did french knots, turkey work and long and short stitches. I also used all different fibers.  A little Christmas in July.
 
I always struggle with balance in my life. If I start a project I can't stop. My husband would like to always come home to a nice meal and clean house. That doesn't always happen - my odds of success with that have been bad recently. I'm having a fresh start today and a better rhythm to my life.
 A little work, a little cleaning, a little cooking and some time for myself.

No comments: