Thursday, August 21, 2008

More Christmas Presents

I'm pretty proud of these. Just before Christmas I saw this pattern on "The Purl Bee" for the 70's Ski Hat. I thought it would be a good idea for Christmas 2008 presents. At Christmas Eve dinner one of the recipients of socks said all he needed now was a ski hat. I laughed and that was all the confirmation I needed. So by the end of January I was knitting ski hats. The neat thing about these is that the inside is a cashmere band around the ears. Hopefully all the skiers will appreciate that. I have five done and one more is on the needles. I like still having the project because it's easy and relaxing knitting but I need to finish soon so that I won't be doing it on Christmas Eve again!

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh beth!!! i LOVE those hats!!!!
and the idea of these for Christmas gifts. and cashmere on the inside! i am so making these!!!!
xo

shelly d said...

don't be mad at me....
she loves it
lol