Thursday, March 24, 2011

A List for You

Check Spelling

I swore off lists at Christmas time. I thought my expectations were to high. I'm back to lists they keep my mind a little clearer. The problem is when you clear your mind of one thing another pops in. I think it will be a long list.

I've been busy with All Stitched Up jobs. I crocheted afghan squares together and now I'm making a crocheted border. It's a very simple and relaxing job. It's been a nice day of crocheting.

I made a delicious Caesar salad from Everyday Food. We added some grilled chicken. It's lemony no anchovies added. I think we will have it often this summer.
I made homemade pizza the other day with my homemade sauce. It was very good I finally got the dough to fit the pan. Next I have to learn to make my own dough.
Do you think June made pizza ?

7 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Homemade pizza dough is easy! I make a double batch and then freeze the extra for those nights when I just don't feel like going all out. And by the way, your crocheting looks absolutely perfect. PERFECT!

Gigi said...

Oh, I've got to have lists or I never get anything done!
Love the look of the crocheted blankie. And how do you crochet your squares together? That's been an ongoing topic among my crocheting friends for years.
Blessings,
G

Larissa said...

Hee, hee! June's pizza never looked that yummy! and she didn't run a business out of her home either. speaking of your business - i'm so inspired by how you take bits and pieces of others' WIP's and make gorgeous finished products. i can only imagine how thrilled your clients are. Have a wonderful weekend!

The WoodLand School said...

I wish I had "met" you last year -- when I gave away a blanket's worth of granny squares because I couldn't bear to sew them together :-(

Your finishing work is just gorgeous, Beth!

BTW - Here's an easy family-favorite pizza crust recipe:

1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm tap water
1 pinch sugar (optional)
3 to 3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt

Empty yeast into warm water (with sugar) and stir until yeast dissolves. Let sit for about 15 minutes, until a thin layer of bubbles forms over the water.

Combine 3 cups flour and salt in bowl. Add the yeast/water mixture and process continuously until ball is formed. Knead for 10 minutes.

Put dough into bowl that has been lightly rubbed with oil. Cover lightly. Place in warm, dry place. Allow to rise 30-60 minutes, until double in bulk. Punch to release air. Knead for one more minute. Form into pizza crust.

stitching under oaks said...

June is probably checking your blog right now to see what else she should be doing....you are amazing. Love your new header. I found a crocheted blanket that I'm wanting to try. I need to brush up on my crochet skills. Your work looks wonderful!

Kristyn Knits said...

I love the satisfaction that comes with the "check"! your crocheting is perfect!! and caesar salad has to be on the menu next week...your's looks delicious!

Leslie said...

Yum! I am going to have a look at the salad recipe. Homemade pizza is a favorite around here. I found a dough recipe that has yeast, but you don't have to let it rise which really suits my lazy ways. =)